AVVA MISSION STATEMENT
To provide support to Veterans and their families through programs, projects, and education.
AVVA VISION STATEMENT
To create a better everyday life for Veterans and their families.
AVVA'S CORE VALUES
As Associates of Vietnam Veterans of America, we are passionate about our work and the real life issues facing Veterans and their families. We strive to create a positive impact on our Veterans and their families by making life better. Our achievements are built on a solid foundation of core values that inspire action, integrity, teamwork and outstanding results. Our values form the basis for decision-making and all actions of Associates of Vietnam Veterans of America – both as individuals and as a Veterans Service Organization.
In everything we do as Associates of Vietnam Veterans of America, our perspective is based on the view of our members, Veterans and their families, ensuring that we understand their needs and expectations, and can prioritize and problem-solve for their unique challenges.
Ethics & Integrity
As a National Veterans Service Organization, we expect all conduct to be rooted in integrity, mutual respect, and civility. We value ethical behavior in our members and leaders at all levels of AVVA. We believe in the dignity and worth of all people, strive to foster an appreciation of and respect for diversity and differences among our leaders, members and peers.
- We are committed to a teamwork environment where every Associate is a valued member, treated with respect, encouraged to contribute, and recognized and rewarded for his/her efforts.
- Everyone at AVVA is responsible for considering the ethical implications of each decision or action, and is urged to challenge assumptions, raise alternatives and seek out diversity.
Our expertise and progressive, proactive atmosphere yield a powerful combination that continuously sets us apart. It is an approach that translates into timely decisions and executions, a constant quest for solutions, rapid responses to the media on issues facing Veterans and their families, legislative advocacy on all bills pertinent to the wellbeing of Veterans and their families and any issue that may make a tangible difference in the world around us for the better.
- We anticipate opportunities and challenges, and are quick to confront complex or ambiguous situations. While we work with a sense of urgency, we always consider the impact of our actions before we proceed.
We believe knowledge is power and we support our Members' right to access information that impacts their roles as Veteran advocates. We also recognize everyone's right to be listened to and heard regardless of their point of view.
- AVVA members are a team, loyal to one another, caring for each other both personally and professionally while being supportive of each other's efforts.
- Our system of teamwork inspires people to make their best contributions, provides them with the support they need to be successful, promotes communication and celebrates their shared accomplishments.
- We present a unified image, both visually and in behavior, so that we may insure the integrity of the organization while building a recognizable reputation as a service organization.